Monday, March 12, 2012

Meet Jing Ju "JJ"

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.  Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?  And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?  And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'  And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'"
-Matthew 25: 35-40


Many of you may be wondering why your youth has been asked to bring $2 to youth.  I hope you will read this to fully understand where your $2 will be going each month! 

The night the youth made a trip to Tupelo, MS for Winter Jam a few of our youth decided we should adopt a child from Holt International to sponsor as a youth group!  I was thrilled to see them light up as they talked about giving their money to this little girl from China named Jing Ju.  We will be giving $30 a month ($2 per youth each month) to our little girl and will receive updates, letters, and pictures of her as she grows up and one day finds a loving home and family!  Please encourage your youth to save $2 a month (.50 cents a week) to go towards Jing Ju.  I will be sending out reminders for the first month or so for them to bring their money each week until everyone gets the hang out of it!  How amazing is it that our money will be going towards changing Jing Ju's life FOREVER! 

A little background on Jing Ju:

JJ's current situation: 
Jing Ju is now able to pull to standing and walk with assistant.  She can grasp bits of food and small objects with thumb and first two fingers.  She is close to her foster parents and attached to her foster mother.  She is a shy girl and will cry when with strangers.  She is happy to play with other children.  Since she was found abandoned, we do not have any information on her history.  She was malnutrition and developmental retardation when she was placed to her foster home. 

JJ's current needs: 
Your support helps provide basic needs and makes it possible for your child to have a secure, stable environment that offers love, care, mental and physical stimulation.  Social workers oversee the are of each child in Holt's program, making regular monitoring visits.

How we work toward Jing's permanent home: 
A number of children in China come into care with medical conditions or disabilites.  When this occurs, Holt will work to ensure kids receive the necessary surgery and medical care to increase the possibility of finding them a permanent, loving family.

About Holt's program in China: 
Since 1994 Holt has worked with the Chinese government to improve the are of orphaned and abandoned children.  Holt helped pioneer special baby care units and foster care in China.  Holt has also developed a long-term group home and foster care program for children with special needs and projects that help children whose lives and families have been impacted by HIV/AIDS.

Looking forward to seeing God's plan play out as we give each month to Jing Ju! 

Thanks for all you do,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment